Snubfins need sanctuary!
TIPS FOR YOUR MESSAGE:
- It has been a year since the announcement of the Yawuru Nagulagun Roebuck Bay Marine Park, WA's first ocean marine park without a sanctuary zone.
- WA Labor committed to review the zoning of this park - now is the time to start that review and it's important that Traditional Owners are involved as joint managers of the marine park.
- Scientists, tour operators, Broome locals and thousands of Western Australians have all called for a sanctuary to protect Roebuck Bay's marine life.
- With new cruise ships coming to the Bay and the possibility of increased dredging, there is an urgent need to increase protection for marine life with a sanctuary zone.
- Roebuck Bay is home to internationally recognised Ramsar wetlands and one of the largest populations of snubfin dolphins in Australia - a major tourism drawcard.
- Local tourism operators and the WA community want a scientific standard of protection for Roebuck Bay. Please announce the much anticipated zoning review to ensure a healthy future for Roebuck Bay.